As I’m sure you can guess, Bordeaux is the region in France where Bordeaux wine is from. We were ready to sip delicious wine and explore the small city. However, upon arriving they were having one of the biggest heat waves of the year… 40C and we were melting. Needless to say, the sun and heat really took it out of us, so we decided to just relax. The city is small and easy to see everything in one day.
[Tip: Be sure to check out the misters in front of Parliament; perfect on a hot day, and I’m told the reflection at night when the water is calm is beautiful.]
A quick walking city tour complete with the necessary Rose 🙂
A busy shopping street is in the heart of the city, along with cafes on every corner.
The best thing about Bordeaux is it’s central location to other great wine regions. Definitely take a day trip from Bordeaux to Saint Emilion, a well-known winery region. Saint Emilion is a UNESCO Heritage Site and a beautiful medieval town. Personally, I liked Saint Emilion better than Bordeaux. More quaint, more character. The streets are all cobblestone, small, and walkable. It was another hot day for us, so we tried to stay cool in the wine cellars and sipping Rose 🙂 #RoseAllDay
- Drink Bordeaux in Bordeaux
- Wine tasting in Saint Emilion
- Rent bikes and ride by the river
- Go to the market, buy bread, cheese, meat, and wine and have a picnic by the river
- Free wifi everywhere!!
- Lots of shopping options
- Good wine!
- Walkable city, plus the tram is easy too
- Not too much to do besides see the city and drink wine. Two days is fine. One for Bordeaux and one for Saint Emilion
- Saint Emilion is known for their underground wine cellars so be sure to check those out.
- Eat dinner at L’entrecote in Bordeaux! They don’t take reservations and tend to have a long line, so be sure to go as soon as they open at 7pm. Great steaks! All you get to decide is how you want your steak prepared. Tip: Dip your fries in the steak sauce. Omg!
- Saint Emilion has some of the oldest wines in France, dating back to the 12th century.
- A clown tour?? I’m confused.